Setting the right price is key to a successful sale. Achieving the highest price for your property is only obtained when a well thought out plan is put in place. Understanding the market, potential buyers, comparable sales and current market conditions will ensure a successful outcome.
Along with a number of other factors including selecting the right agent, choosing the best method of sale and pricing; presentation is one of the most important aspects when selling your home. You only get one chance to make the right first impression so we have prepared some tips to help you prepare your home for a successful sale.
1. Lawns and Gardens - Mow the lawn and weed the garden, perhaps add in some new bright plants. Other than the property, these are things that catch the eye of prospective buyers.
2. A Once Over for the Walls - Cleaning the walls or a fresh coat of paint will brighten the property.
3. Flooring - Shampoo the carpets, replace chipped or broken floor tiles and even restaining floorboards makes a huge difference to the visual appeal of the home.
4. Declutter - Take away knick knacks, photograph frames and objects lying on the floor. Remove extra and tired pieces of furniture out of the home. You want to make spaces appear larger and let the buyer imagine their own furniture in the property.
5. Kitchen and Bathroom - These rooms are important. Possible regrouting of tiles or restaining cabinets will make a huge difference. Replacing door knobs or handles and fitting new lights can also make a great impact.
6 - The Kids Room - Keep the walls neutral. Put away excess toys and remove personal items including artwork.
7. Open the Windows - Clean and dust the window panes and sills, even replace old blinds. Open the windows to let in natural light and fresh air.
8. Set the Scene - Placing fresh flowers in vases before inspections and lighting scented candles creates a positive atmosphere and will leave buyers with a heightened feeling of satisfaction.
9. Staging - For some vendors, storing away their own furniture and hiring professional stagers will gain them an increased sales price. Home staging is the process of presenting a vendor’s home as attractively as possible. If your property is better presented, it will photograph better and you’ll get more people through the door.
10. The Street Sign - A sign board at the front of your property will ensure that buyers know where to stop. Select from a basic sign to larger scale lighted picture signboards.